International and national cooperation
- Member State of European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- Cooperation in research activities with Dr. N. Novak and Dr. B. Cabanillas (U. Bonn) on the study of the allergenic effect of pistachio and cashew by effector cells.
- Collaboration with Dr Borderías (ICTAN, CSIC) in the development of mixed gels from fish muscle protein and legumes, healthier and sustainable.
- Cooperation with Dr K. Allaf and Dr. J. Haddad (U. La Rochelle) for the DIC technology application on legumes and tree nuts.
- Collaboration with Dr. L Rubio (Zaidin, CSIC) to determine the nutritional value of protein fractions of legumes.
- Collaboration with the Drs. MC Moreno Bondi and E Peña (Dpto. Química Analítica, UCM) for the development of biosensors up to detecting lectin PHA based on Phage Display technology.
- Collaboration with the Drs. I. Ballesteros and J.M. Álvarez (UDLA, Ecuador) for the physical-chemical characterization and evaluation of antimicrobial properties of stingless honeys.
- Collaboration with Drs. JF Crespo and B Cabanillas (Hospital 12 Octubre, Madrid) for the allergenicity study of legumes and nuts.
- Collaboration with Drs. K Allaf (U. La Rochelle; France) and J Haddad (U. Lebanese; Lebanon) for the application of DIC technology to legumes and nuts.
- Collaboration with the Drs. R Linacero and J Rueda (Dpto. Genética, Fisiología y Microbiología, UCM) to develop real-time PCR-based allergen detection methods. Since 2008, the collaboration has been very close, sharing the direction of doctoral theses, master’s thesis and final degree papers, as well as numerous publications.
- Collaboration with the Drs. N Novak and B Cabanillas (U. Bonn) to analyze the effect of pistachio and cashew on the allergic response by studying effector cells.
- Collaboration with the Drs I. Ferreira and L. Barros (Biochemcore, IPB-CIMO, Bragança, Portugal) to analyze the effect of the extrusion-cooking in the bioactive compounds and bioactivities of snacks enriched with different legumes.
- Collaboration with Dr. S Maleki (ARS-USDA, New Orleans) for the study of allergenicity of peanut, pistachio and cashew and the effect of combined processing (thermo-enzymatic-sonication).
- Collaboration with Drs. JM Pingarrón and S. Campuzano (Dpto. Química Analítica, UCM) for the development of biosensors for nut allergen detection.
- Collaboration with Drs. C Blanco (Servicio Alergología, HU La Princesa. Madrid), P Gamboa (Servicio de Alergia, HU de Cruces. Barakaldo), J Cuesta (Servicio Alergia, Fundación J Diaz. Madrid), S Quirce/ R Rodriguez (Servicio de Alergia, HU La Paz. Madrid), A Vega (Servicio de Alergia, HU Guadalajara-Integrated Management. Guadalajara) for the supply of allergic patient sera.
Advisory activities and services
Advisory activities have been carried out as an ACERTA, BAIAFOODS technical expert.
Participation in congresses
Oral communication at the 6th International Conference on Food Digestion. (Granada, Spain).
Presentation of four posters at the 3rd International Legume Society (ILS3) congress (Poznan, Poland).
Presentation of a poster and an oral presentation at the XX Eurofoodchem (Porto, Portugal).
Oral Communication at the XXXVII Biennial Meeting of the Spanish Society of Chemistry (San Sebastian, Spain).
Presentation of a poster and an oral presentation at the EAACI Digital Congress 2020 (London, UK).
‘Food allergens: influence of technological processes’. Organized by Agroindustrial Engineering Webinar, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences, UDLA, Ecuador, 5 May 2020.
‘Use of native legumes in pig nutrition’. Emilio Gómez Izquierdo, Luis Gómez Raya, Luis Alberto García Cortes, Juan José Ciruelos Pellón, Eduardo de Mercado, Ana Belén Martin Diana, Mercedes Martín Pedrosa y Wendy Mercedes Rauw. Journal SUIS Nº 167-2020.
Organization of ‘Biotechnology in the Food Company’ at the Complutense Summer School. 7-25 July 2014, 3-21 July 2017, 6-24 July 2020. https://www.ucm.es/escuelacomplutense/b03
Tutoring of External Academic Internships Curricular students of 4th year of the Degree in Biotechnology of the ETSIAAB-UPM, and students of the Master of Novel Food of the Faculty of Sciences of the UAM.
Analysis of the allergenic capacity of cashew nuts and influence of technological processing. Fátima Vicente Martín. Supervisor: Carmen Cuadrado. Degree in Biotechnology. ETSIAAB-UPM. July 2019.
Design of DNA probes for the detection of food allergens. Jorge Ruiz de Castilla González. Supervisors: Carmen Cuadrado and Rosario Linacero de la Fuente. Master in Health Biology, Madrid Complutense University. July 2020.
Influence of thermal, pressure and enzymatic processing on the allergenic potential of nuts. Fátima Vicente Martín. Supervisor: Carmen Cuadrado. Master in Novel Foods. UAM, July 2020.